Saturday, October 3, 2009

Continued from the past

Some of you will know that I had a blog before. I hadn't posted much on it. I don't like coming back to things after I have ignored them for a long time, so I've decided to start afresh and create a new blog.

First things first. I will start with education. Bwahaha.

I have started taking a Japanese class at Chemeketa Community College. In winter term, I will probably start a math class of some sort. So far, I am enjoying the experience working with other people in a class room. Having homework to do with deadlines is also very motivating for me. I think that will help me in the future.

Moving on.

I am disappointed to report that today was the last day of an acting class I was doing. I had an immensely good time working with fellow actors from Shakespeare's Greatest Hits and also several new students. Hopefully I will see most of them in January for SGH!

Random thought of the moment: My fingers smell like basil. I went out to our garden about an hour ago to pick basil to dry. I've been looking on the internet for suggestions on how to properly dry basil. We don't want to hang it... we'd rather dry it in the stove. I think we've found a pretty good way. Turn on the oven somewhere from 200-300 degrees Fahrenheit and dry until crispy. Do not let the basil turn brown. When it's done, you can store it in airtight jars at room temperature or in ziploc bags in the freezer. Just in case anyone is interested.

Tomorrow, my family is leaving for Newport to camp in a yurt for one night. I have never been in a yurt. I'm sure the experience will be new, exciting, and life-changing.

That's all for now. I'm off to help make tacos for dinner.

Enjoy all that goes on plus more!

No comments:

Post a Comment