Friday, October 9, 2009

Life goes on

I wake up this morning more tired than usual. I press snooze on my alarm clock one too many times. I realize I have a sore throat and a head ache. Isn't waking up in the morning supposed to be pleasant? What happened to waking up to the sun shining through your window with the faint sounds of bird song? What happened to sighing happily, eager for the day ahead and enjoying the last warm remnants of a soft blanket? Sigh* I suppose we can't all have those days. So, I wait, hungry and cold to find out if I am actually sick or if my body is just playing tricks on me.
Maybe I'll put on some socks. Maybe I'll do some homework. Maybe I'll drink another mug of hot tea. Maybe I'll fill my empty stomach. Maybe I'll watch a movie.
Or, I'll do all that plus more.

No comments:

Post a Comment