Sunday, May 29, 2011

Oh dear what is happening to me...

I have recently been dragged in to the world of video games.

Now before you start panicking, you must know I am (still) very much an amateur and nowhere near hardcore (yet?).

No really I've only been playing a few things. Mostly just Portal and League of Legends. And other little fun things that don't exactly count as "gaming."

Basically, the point of this post is... Help me. No, no I don't want to be dragged back out again. Believe me, I would go kicking and screaming. I want help with suggestions. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I want you to suggest your favorite video game. (One thing though... I would prefer PC games because that's really all I'm able to play. We do have a wii so if you have a wii game you must suggest, I'm open to that as well.)

Now help me play these games! Plus more!
Ready, set, suggest!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, you just have to get me started, don't you? lol.
    First question: Portal original or Portal 2? Cause if it's Portal 2; stop now and go play the original Portal. You'll thank me, by making me cake. If it's the first Portal: Buy Portal 2. You'll thank me, with cake. lol

    I'll start with wii games cause it's a super short list. Zack and Wiki. That's the only game you'll ever need for the wii. Well, not quite, but still. It's a pirate puzzle game with cute Japanese characters. If you don't fall in love with Wiki, you're made of stone. There's also a Indiana Jones game for the wii thats ok, but comes with 'Fate of Atlantis' that's really good
    Phoenix Write was made for DS but was put on the Wii and you can buy it with Wii points. Worth every penny. (pay the extra dollar for the last mission, it's as long as the rest of the game)

    PC: Dragon Age: Great Sword and Sorcery game that you can make pretty much whatever character you can dream.

    Marrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim (Skyrim's not out yet): These are the games Chad and I play for Sword and Sorcery when we want to be able to do anything. Complete sandbox style (that, btw, is where you can take the main quest and say "I don't feel like doing that" and do side quests for years.). You can even make your own spells and stuff.

    Fallout series: If you're going to play the old ones (which I recommend) start with the basics. Fallout 1 is a great game that builds the series, but if you don't start with it you can never go back to it. The graphics and gameplay are archaic. Fallout 2 was the first RPG I ever beat, and the only one I've beat before Chad. Fallout Tactics was good, but more of a shooter/strategy than RPG. Fallout 3 I didn't care for, but Fallout: New Vegas fixed everything and I LOVE it.

    Of course, the Warcraft series, and it's siblings Starcraft and Diablo. Always good. ('Cept WoW, but we don't go there)

    Minecraft is a good brainless game for when you want to wind down.

    Basically, just come over and we'll give you demos of the most awesome games we know. :)

    Love ya! Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete