Thursday, August 18, 2011

I felt the urge to write

"Isn't the point of blogging to just write meaningless words to get attention?"

Words of wisdom from my boyfriend.

Well, sometimes blogging is very serious and sometimes it is not. I believe my blog falls somewhere in between. But whether you write about food, games, or even write about writing, blogging is just writing about whatever comes to your mind. It's also for people like me who want to be part of that unique species called "writers." I pretend I'm completely consumed by the words that swim around in my head. But whether I'm hardcore or not, I still enjoy putting words down on paper or typing them on to a screen.
With that, I've realized my blog isn't about anything in particular. It's about this and that and other things. My blog looks like what my mind would look like if I were able to put my mind on a screen. Fun little curlicues and bright colors surround the mess of words that are my thoughts and experiences. Sure it's a little cluttered, but it's mine. So thank you blog for being a tribute to my mind. And thank you readers for enjoying my clutter.
Do I blog just to get attention? Maybe. But maybe there's more to it. Maybe I blog for the sheer joy of it... plus more!

No comments:

Post a Comment